Dehydration.

They are acutely perceptive when it comes to food.
I have been on the roof now for two days, possibly less, but maybe more.
I can't really be sure.
Two days since I killed them, I think.
Now I am surrounded by dozens of those shambling beasts.
They can't get me here, even though that is all they desire.

It has been a week now, from the time I turned sixteen.
It was a good day.
My dad had given me the keys to a brand new old car.
A 1999 Volkswagen Jetta, black, with high miles, and low clearance.
I was not sure how he had even found it, it was almost as old as me.
I had wanted a new car, but...
I suppose it does not matter now.
I would give anything to be able to get to it now.
Though it wouldn't really matter without the keys.
Which were hidden after I hit a pole at the gas station the day after I got it.
That had been my mom's idea.

My mom.
Gone.

It had not taken long for the contagion to reach my house.
It took an even smaller amount of time for this curse to take them.

They had gone from cautious, overprotective parents, to neglectful monstrosities.

They were all abominations now.

Shuffling around.
Decayed and festering in an unending promenade of premature bereavement.
Callous.

I am afraid.
I am alone.
I miss them.

It had taken my mom first.
Only took a couple of hours to consume my dad.

I had used my dad's C830.2 plasma driver to take care of her.
Ironic.
She had been so irate when he spent so much money on it.
It was only good for one round.
I had to get more creative when confronted with the task of dispatching my dad.
I thought it was only fitting to use something of hers.
I assaulted him with a knitting needle.
Took quite a lot of energy, but after countless strikes to his head, he was gone also.

I remember learning at a wilderness awareness school that I was sent to, that you can survive up to a few days without water.
I am already extremely thirsty.
My tongue is swollen and cracking.
I have an incessant rash on my legs.

My dad keeps showing up, but when I try to follow him, he has hidden away somewhere.
Torturous.
Why does he keep leaving me here?


It looks like it may rain.
Maybe I can catch some water in my shirt.

I want to try to jump off and run.

Yet, they are ever vigilant in their wanting.

I do not think I can last much longer.

I have a paratrooper toy that I found up here.
It must have been up on these shingles for years, I remember losing it when my dad was cutting the lawn.
He never got it down for me.
It's as dried out as my mouth.

One of them just talked to me.

I am positive one just blew me a kiss.

I am so thirsty.

I will wait for them to go to sleep, and make a break for it.

It shouldn't take them too long now, they have been at this for days, they have to fall sometime.

Then I will leave.

Or I may just wait for my dad to get here again and follow him to his hiding place.

Going to close my eyes until he gets here.

Comments

Popular Posts